Cancelling or changing an appointment
To cancel your appointment:
- use your NHS account (on the NHS website or in the NHS app).
- use your Systmonline account
- phone our dedicated cancellation line on 01255 687285, Monday to Friday, when we are open
- If this goes to voicemail, please leave your name, date of birth and appointment date and time so that we can find you on our records.
- visit the surgery, Monday to Friday, when we are open
If you need help when we are closed
If you need urgent medical advice between 6.30pm and 8am weekdays, during weekends or on Bank Holidays call 111.
NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do.
For children under 5 call 111.
For people aged 5 and over go to 111.nhs.uk.
You can also attend local primary care services such as UTC and A&E.
Enhanced access appointments
Our new Enhanced Access Service commenced on 1st October 2022 and has been held at Ranworth Surgery since 1st April 2023. This has taken over from the existing Extended Access service. This service offers patients appointment times on the evenings and Saturdays. These appointments are available to all surgeries part of Ranworth PCN.
If you would like an evening or Saturday appointment, please request this when you contact your practice. All weekend and evening appointments will be provided from Ranworth Surgery. Details of your appointment will be given at the time of booking.
As part of this service, appointments will be available between:
- 6:30pm to 8.00pm – Monday to Friday
- 9:00am to 5.00pm – Saturdays.
If you need help with your appointment
- If there’s a specific doctor, nurse or other health professional you would prefer to respond.
- If you would prefer to consult with the doctor or nurse by phone, face-to-face, by video call or by text or email.
- If you need an interpreter.
- If you have any other access or communication needs.
- If you would like a chaperone present.
- If you are housebound and make a request, this will be reviewed by a clinician and you will be offered a home visit only if this is clinically appropriate. Your request may be dealt with over the phone or via email.
- We encourage housebound patients to put in their requests as close to 8am where possible by using our appointment request form or by calling the surgery on 01255 422587 if you cannot use this service.